Monday, May 19, 2008

Back home and back to work

Wow....what an emotional, tiring, yet fun weekend I had in Chattanooga. My friend Nathan's funeral was a beautiful celebration of his life. It was the first time in almost four years that all of my Indiana and Tennessee friends were together. While there were some tears, we had a great time hanging out at some Chattanooga hot spots. Ruth took a gazillion pics of us goofing around downtown after the viewing. It was such a great release after a heavy evening. We made a late-night run to Krystal's one of Nathan's favorite places to eat. The weather was beautiful for the funeral, and the church  made a wonderful meal for all of us. We all rested a little then enjoyed some Sticky Fingers BBQ before heading back downtown for Clumpy's ice cream. The highlight was the fountain. I didn't run through it, but Ruth's niece got totally drenched. We all frolicked around and then listened to the guys play their guitars. Sunday we all met at Cracker Barrel for breakfast and our farewells. 

On the plane ride home I met former Dallas Cowboys and OU coach Barry Switzer. He looked familiar, and then I saw his massive Super Bowl ring. We had a nice chat about sports and his career. One of my sister's co-workers can't believe I didn't get his autograph. I didn't want to be like the people who are in awe when they meet a celebrity. There were plenty of people who had already recognized him. It's funny, because I had hoped I'd see someone like Nicole Kidman or Carrie Underwood in the Nashville airport. I didn't expect to meet a sports icon. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey, thx for the HB wish. my hubby commented on your enthusiasm :-0