Saturday, May 10, 2008

Remembering...


I normally don't post anything serious on here, but I feel the need to today. This evening I found out my friend Nathan died in a car accident on his way to South Bend, IN for a wedding. He was only about 25 minutes away from town. My friend Adam said they think he might have fallen asleep. I met Nathan through his sisters Ruth and Anna. I traveled to Chattanooga a couple times to see where they grew up and hung out with their older brother and his family in Atlanta. Nathan would usually come up to South Bend a couple times each year. I remember him helping out Ruth's husband Pete with odds and end. He had a knack for videography and sound. I used to joke that he could sound like the movie voice in previews. He LOVED ice cream and would buy a ton of it when he came to visit. He also loved taking pictures, and would often post all of them on his blog (even the ones you wished he hadn't taken!) He was a daredevil and up for anything. He was a big sweetheart who truly cared about his friends and family. I only wish I had been a better friend to him. While I didn't meet her, I think he had found true love. Right now my heart goes out to her. I can only imagine how hard this is for her. I'm also praying for Nathan's family and the Tarwackis. They are such a close knit group. They all are like my second family, and it is so hard knowing they have to go through this. I hope and pray that I can make it to the funeral. My one consolation is knowing that Nathan was a Christian. I have no doubt he is hanging out with Jesus remembering all the good times in his life. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

got your phone message a coupla hours ago (was at church from 4p friday to 3p saturday), but i couldn't make it out and was having company shortly at home, so i didn't make time to call. i didn't understand who it was and your message was cut off, so i headed here to find out if you posted details, then i was gonna email you.
call me if you wanna talk. i'll be home sunday after noon. i don't have any plans. just gonna chill and recover from the famine.
i'm so sad for your loss and sorry for your friends as well.
love you, girl.