Sunday, February 17, 2008

Movie marathon





My schedule doesn't seem to work out with the the few friends I have here, so I broke down and went to see a movie by myself today. I'm glad I went to a matinee, because a night movie is $9. I guess that's what I get for moving to a bigger city. The theater was packed out. It had the usual bright and festive carpet with some hot pink lighting. I could have done without that. Two things I did like were a neon clock on the wall (so you don't have to pull out your cell phone annoying the other moviegoers) and the curtains that lift when the previews are starting. It made the experience seem more regal. I chose to see Juno, which was SO hilarious! The dialogue was a bit raucous at times, but that's what made it more real. Ellen Page did an excellent job as the smart and eccentric pregnant teen. And Jason Bateman....well he's just great (and cute). I recommend you see it. I would have even paid $9 to see it. :-)

I also rented Tyler Perry's Why Did I Get Married. I expected this to be funny, but it was intense. It made me cry. He is such a good writer. He addresses tough topics in a way that's palatable. I was impressed with Janet Jackson's acting. She was very believable. It's another good flick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most definitely hit the matinees. Mondays, I bet, are less crowded. The last time I saw a movie after 6, it was with free tickets!