Monday, February 11, 2008

Abby turns 3...

well, technically not until Valentine's Day. I drove up to Wamego to celebrate with most of my brother-in-law's family and some family and friends from my side. Abby wasn't too interested in me. She was like a whirlwind running around and tackling her cousins. In fact, she gave me several dirty looks when I asked her questions. She did finally snuggle up next to me and let me read one of her new books. It was about a grumpy boy. It was so cute when she kept saying, "He's sad."

On my way back, I stopped off in Manhattan (home of K-State) and bought some new Wildcat wear. It was so eerie to be back. I have so many memories from college. It seems like ages ago!

Here are some pics from the party...

The shared birthday cake


Celebrating her birthday with Uncle Brian and Aunt Katy


Some new jewels from grandma and grandpa


Feeding baby Ariel

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy birthday to Abby! You mean, she got more toys? And for a 3-year-old, that's a heap of candles on the cake!

Anonymous said...

wow, abby is 3! wow! wow! wow! i'm glad u found ur way thru the construction to the house.
thx for the call sunday. it was nice to vent to someone who understands, at least a little, what i'm struggling with. i vented to tobin on monday. yeah, that's how bad i feel. i even told him that i don't care who he tells bcuz i live my life by the philosophy that u don't say it out loud if u don't want the person to hear about it and don't want to have to defend urself. so i think i've just created more trouble for myself ...

next time you go to manhattan, i have a mission for you. something for my dad. and i imagine spring is the perfect time to get it. he has a crusty kstate purple lined windbreaker type of jacket and i'd like to get him a new one.