Friday, October 19, 2007

Late nights, good shows

So I've become even more of a night owl than I was before. I usually don't get home from work until midnight, and I stay up watching television or tooling around on the Internet. Last night, I stuck around to chat with my co-worker Lindsay who had the later shift, which means you stay to check the first run of the papers to make sure there are no glaring errors on the design end. She's a fellow K-State grad and is married to a photographer I knew from our college paper. My treat when I came home was watching my tape of Ugly Betty and The Office. (Yes...I'm one of few people who still own a VCR. I haven't caved and purchased TiVo or the dish network. I might eventually get cable Internet though, because I think DSL is getting slower.) I think the writers of those shows are geniuses! The lines are so clever and hilarious. They just get better every week! Both are different from the general sitcoms with laughtracks and stage homes. It takes me back to the days of Sports Night. That makes me think of Felicity Huffman, who was awesome in Desperate Housewives this past week. I missed most of the second season, but it's made a comeback this past year. I'm sad that I don't get to watch it with my buddy Janie. I'm with her in spirit though.

Well, I suppose I should take a shower and do something productive before work. I'm becoming a bit lazy. I need to work on that.

No comments: