Thursday, August 16, 2007

Good friends



Last night I drove up to Holland, MI to see my best friend Erin. She was there for work training. She goes up there almost every year, but we're never able to hook up. After seven years it finally worked out! We enjoyed a nice Italian dinner then headed back to her hotel to catch up on life. We talk through e-mail and the occasional phone call, but it just isn't the same as talking in person. Erin knows me better than anyone else. She has been with me through some really tough times in my life when other people probably would have left me behind. I can never fool her. She always knows the right questions to ask. Her husband Jesse is such a great guy, and I love to observe them when I'm back in Kansas. They're so much fun, and you can tell they really love and respect each other. I hope to have that with someone in the future.

God has given me great friends here too. I've been through some not-so-great friendships and some that just ran their course. Through all of them, I gained wisdom and had a lot of fun. As I get older, I learn the importance of having great female friends. I'm not knocking any of my male friends who are reading this, but let's be honest...you guys really don't like to hear me blabber on about my life. :-) I truly believe God puts certain people in our lives to help us get through. I'm sure he uses them to prod us toward decisions we don't want to make, or to stop us from doing something stupid (or at least He tries :-]) Lately, he has used my friends to help me see things a little clearer. I thank Him for that, and I thank all of you for sticking with me through the good and the bad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so what does "565" stand for?