Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Good insights

I was talking to a good friend today about a dilemma I have. She was telling me how most of us would probably say that when we pray we believe God will answer our prayers. But...is that really true? I think she makes a good point. There have been times when I've said, I don't even know why I'm praying about this...God's not going to do anything about it. For the most part, I believe in the power of prayer, but I think I really doubt God sometimes. My friend and I also talked about asking for signs when we pray. I've never wanted to do this, because I thought it was selfish of me. It would seem like I doubted God. It's like saying, I believe in you but can you still give me a little proof that you are all powerful. She reminded me of Gideon and how he asked God for signs and God granted His prayer. What makes me think God wouldn't do that for me? Hmm.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like you have a pretty insightful friend ... i'd keep him/her around for a while ;-)

Anonymous said...

{and no, i'm not insinuating that it's me ... i'm smart enough to know that it's not}