Sunday, August 26, 2007

Feeling old...

So I agreed to hang out with a few of my girlfriends and a couple teenage girls Saturday evening. I started to feel my age when we were screaming music on the way to the outlet stores. It was kinda fun, but the fuddy duddy side of me was thinking...this is so loud...I'm going to get a headache. I felt even older when we were shopping. I mentioned wanting to go into Anne Taylor, and some comment was made about me being old. The store has super nice dressy clothes. I know...no teenager is interested in those. Some of the funky clothes they looked at just didn't interest me. I mean, they look fun, but I don't think I could pull them off. What really made me laugh was when we watched High School Musical 1 and 2. The movies were a bit cheesy, but I thought they were pretty fun. The teenagers were SO funny when the lead guy would come on. He is cute. If I was their age, I'd probably be gushing over him too. It's just hard to take myself back to a teenager's brain. I do remember being pretty hyper around 15. Of course, that's also when I disovered Mt. Dew. I don't remember being so mushy when it came to guys, but I do remember having some New Kids on the Block pins on my jean jacket. We didn't have High School Musical back then. We thought Zach on Saved by the Bell was cute. Man...that seems like ages ago...

No comments: