Sunday, April 20, 2008

New....again

As you can see, I got tired of my girly page quickly. I guess I'd rather enjoy the flowers outside than on my blog. Saturday was GORGEOUS, so I got off my lazy bum and took a walk around downtown. Unfortunately, my batteries ran out before I got pics of all the random sculptures. I finally went to the Old Mill Tasty Shop for a limeade. It was well worth it. Sometime I'll go back for the food, which smelled wonderful. The nice weather made me miss Lake Michigan and building sand castles with my friends. I also miss all our summer barbecues. :-( Something I do love about being back in Kansas is the smell of prairie fire. I only wish I was in the Flint Hills to see the beautiful flames. Summer is approaching.... wahooo!!!!!






This building reminded me of the trip to Galveston, TX I made before my senior year in college. It looks similar to pics of building in New Orleans.


I just had to take a picture of this tiny car.


Sadly, this horse is starting to rust and fall apart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, nice. I completely missed your girly look. You must have had it up for all of two minutes!

Anonymous said...

hey, now i don't sneeze when i come to ur site! :-)

Janie T said...

Nice photos, Lynette. Hope your neck is feeling better. Weather in Indiana has been incredible! I guess spring is finally here.

Cori said...

I love the chrome-bumper horse. There is one just like it (by the same artist) on the WSU campus. That one was restored about 4 years ago. And what a cute little car!