Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Christmas in March and an ad for Wichita :-)


My gift from Erin...she always gets me cool stuff.

Between our different work schedules, sickness and family obligations, my best friend Erin and I were not able to celebrate our Christmas until this past weekend. In fact, I don't think we had seen each other since my birthday in early December. She came down to Wichita on Saturday, so we could have a girls day out. After meeting at Cinnamon's Deli for lunch we headed out to the fun stores of Wichita.

First stop: Nifty Nuthouse http://www.360wichita.com/FoodandBeverage/NiftyNutHouse.html
This place truly is the pride of Wichita. You can find everything from dried vegetables to mint-chocolate malt balls. My personal favorite is all-nut bridge mix. This trip I bought some maple pecan fudge....marvelous!

Second stop: Spice Merchant 
http://www.spicemerchant.com/cgi-bin/store/commerce.cgi
This place is full of neat gifts, such as funny mugs and tea sets. It also has an array of coffees, teas and spices. 

Third stop: Monica's Bundt Cake Co. (sorry the URL isn't working)
This tiny little store has yummy bundt cakes in all sizes. We tried lemon poppy seed and chocolate sour cream. 

Just down the street: Abode
http://www.abode.com
This store had some sweet furniture! Of course, I couldn't afford any of it, but at least I could appreciate the coolness of it. Erin is an interior designer for corporate offices, so she was a little irked by some of the knock-off furniture. I wouldn't have known the difference. 

After checking into our cheap hotel (with pink lamps and couches as you see in the photo) We headed to Old Town to see Vantage Point at the Warren Theater. We ordered some chicken Nachos that were delightful. I have to admit, the theater wasn't as fancy or designeresque as I thought it would be. I hope any Wichitans reading my critique won't shoot me!



After the movie, I took Erin to Lu Cinda's, a store full of quirky gifts such as the bacon wallet she bought for her husband. We also went to Beadazzled and a new furnishings store near Crown Heights called Frank & Margaret's (http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=229125285)

We both were yawning at this point, so we went back to the hotel to veg. Sunday morning we went to my church Eastside Community (http://www.eastsidecommunity.com/)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think you could have packed any more into your day with Erin! No, you're right, the Old Town Warren isn't as nice as the east-side one. And that is a cool vase(?). Verrry arty.

Anonymous said...

pretty ... you, erin and the glass whatever it is :-) sounds like a good time was had by all.
ya gonna come run the sunburst with me? 10K