Friday, March 14, 2008

Falling apart....at 30!

Man, my body just does not like me. I finally went to an osteopathic doctor to figure out why I've been randomly waking up nauseous, gassy and feeling heaviness in my chest. Her diagnosis: acid reflux, which is exasperating the asthma I thought had disappeared after high school. Apparently, asthma never totally disappears. I developed athletic-induced asthma my sophomore year of high school because I was running outside in the cold to get in shape for basketball season. I used an inhaler for a couple years, but haven't had problems since then. I did kickboxing a few times last year. If anything was going to send me over the edge, that would have. Now, I have a cold that's wreaking havoc on my body. I'm hoping the inhaler my doctor prescribed will keep me from hacking all night. I'm sure my change in work schedule and moving have played a large part in my body changes. I'm a late night snacker, and I need to break that habit. I'm getting enough sleep, so that's not the problem. I hope I get well soon, because I don't think my boss wants me to call in sick.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ha! :-)
i'd bet ur boss would rather u call in sick than bring ur icky sickies to work to share with them.

or maybe not.