Wednesday, January 2, 2008

New Year's Eve

It was pretty mellow this year. I didn't work, and I wasn't in Indiana for the usual Tarwacki blast. I drove up to Lenexa to babysit my niece for a few hours. Her daddy was off to play with his band, and mommy was still at work. My sister brought home Chipotle, and the three of us goofed around until it was bedtime. They have a ritual of reading two books in mommy and daddy's bed then playing tent. Abby decided I could be on reading duty, so we learned about curious George in the aquarium. :-) After she went to bed, my sister and I watched a movie and reminisced about our childhood (that provided some good laughs). Tuesday morning, Abby grabbed my leg when I went to leave. I thought I'd have to detach her, but she quickly decided it was okay if I left. I told her I had to go home and take a shower before work. She proceeded to tell her dad, "Auny nenny has to go home and take a shower cuz she's yucky." Ahh....I love the little cutie. :-)


Abby on her new Dora the Explorer bike


I was teaching Abby how to use the camera. I'm not sure how I fit on the seat of that bike.


My sister Brenda


Abby modeling her new apple jammies

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cheeze-mo grin she's got!

And I like the hands-behind-her-back pose with her jammies. Verrry grown-up.

Hey, what's a Tarwacki?

Anonymous said...

hahahahahaha at "what's a tarwacki ..." next post you must explain that, like it's an actual noun/thing or something. must complete it with pictures. speaking of pix, i've been trying to update my blog for days with pix from december ... it's running awfully slow and i just don't have the time to wait. even tried e-mailing them to myself to post at work, but the ol' mac just wasn't having it.

Candice said...

What a CUTIE!