Monday, July 23, 2007

Busy times

Wow, what a busy weekend! I was up at 5:30 a.m. Friday to catch the bus to the Women of Faith Conference in Chicago. Most of us shopped at a mall in the burbs before heading to the United Center. We heard hilarious speakers and great musicians. I'm a new fan of Ayiesha Woods. On Friday night, I traveled around the suburbs with Ruth and Amy trying to find a Wal-Mart where they could buy the last Harry Potter book. There little GPS 'Meg' had some issues finding one. Around 1 a.m., Meg helped us find a Meijer where there were two big flats of the book. Amy read us the first chapter on the way back to the Hotel. I am not an avid Harry Potter fan, but I've learned the basics from listening to all my friends speak of Harry's life.

On tap Sunday was teaching the crazy kids in my Sunday school class then attending a LONG leadership meeting at church. It sure does take a lot of brainwork to create a five-year plan. There are so many logistics that a person wouldn't think about. I'm a fairly detail-oriented person, and I missed some things. I volunteered to research curriculum for our children's program next year. It could be a huge undertaking, but I feel up for it. I'm not teaching the kids at my Bible study this coming year, so I have some extra time. Plus, I feel like God used that position to teach me how to set up a children's program. Earlier this year, I thought God was pressing me to work with the children at our local rescue mission, which meant having to give up my leadership duties at my Bible study. Now I'm wondering if part of His reasoning was that I needed to take on some bigger tasks at church. I still think I should volunteer at the rescue mission this coming school year though. So, I guess God has given me plenty to work on. Now I just need to be disciplined an DO IT!

No comments: