Saturday, June 16, 2007

Flower Power

Today I went to the Farmer's Market for the first time this summer. I love going there. You see such a variety of people, and the herbs smell SO good! I was on a quest to find flowers, and I saw some pretty cool ones. Unfortunately, I couldn't buy a ton. I only have a small spot in front of my house for planting. I found these funky ones called Columbines. I also bought some cute little purple flowers. If memory serves me right, I bought them last year and they grew really well.


The Columbines. The picture is a little blurry. I haven't mastered photographing moving flowers.




For all of you out there who think it's amusing that I always write about food (you know who you are), there was some yummy stuff there. I passed up the Gelato, since I just had some yesterday. The Italian stand had some olive salad that looked delightful. I did not pass up the cheese. That stuff sucks me in. They also had some beef jerky. Sorry guys, I didn't buy any. I dined on a freshly baked pretzel and fresh-squeezed lemonade before picking my flowers. After that, I decided I wanted some apples,new potatoes and rosemary. Then I had to stop. There were just too many tempting things there. I was going to plant my flowers when I got home, but it's around 90 degrees outside. I think I'll wait until this evening, when it hopefully cools down a little.

Oh, in other good news, my brother got a 97% in his upholstery class (that's for cars not furniture) at his Vo-Tech! That is pretty awesome for him, because he's always struggled in school. He has three job opportunities in KS once he graduates next week. One guy even said he'd be willing to buy the $3,000 machine my brother would need to reupholster the cars the guy restores. It certainly isn't any job I'd ever want, but apparently my brother is good at it. Guess he won't be moving back home for long. That means my mom can turn his room into an office. I think she's pretty excited about that. :-)

No comments: