Saturday, July 5, 2008

Memories

A year ago yesterday, I was at the Indianapolis Zoo with my friends in Indiana. The past few years, we have always done something together on the 4th, be it BBQing for lunch or going to Lake Michigan. I was kind of missing them, but it wasn't a big deal. Before I went to the store this wall of sadness hit me like a brick. July 4th was one of the last times I hung out with my friend Nathan. I wish I had better memories of that time with him, but they are a bit blurry. It makes me feel guilty, like I didn't treasure those times enough. Thankfully, all of my friends take tons of pictures, so I can remember the good times we had at the fireworks show. The small town we went to always had a great show. This year I watched fireworks from the windows at work. They were okay. It just wasn't the same as I'm used to. I'm posting some of the pics I took last year. 


















2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe :-(

Ruth Ann said...

That entire day was tons of fun! Thank God for the memories, photos and time we did have. So glad you got to be a part of it and of Nathan's life!