Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Signs of summer


Hello sunshine, here I come! I sprayed on some of this today and got a slight tan line on my shoulders and legs. I'm not into the fake baking, but I will make use of tanning oil. Yes, I suppose SPF 8 is low, but if I put on SPF 15, I have to be in direct sun for a couple hours. I was already sweating after a half hour today! My computer said it was 66 degress, but I think it was more like 80. Ahhh...I have returned to the land of hot summers. I hope I can hack it. 

I went to Lowe's last week and bought some flowers for my deck. Sunday night I helped a friend fill the planters around her house. It made me miss planting flowers at my old place in Indiana. Some day I'll attempt to plant a garden. I love new potatoes and fresh sweet corn. 



I'm a sucker for anything that looks like Daisies. My favorite flower is the  yellow rose, but I didn't have much luck growing some last year. I also like sunflowers. I grew a couple last year, but something came and ate their heads off. 

Something green and hearty looking

No hibachi for me. :-(



And my first lucky bamboo plant. It matches the artwork I've yet to hang on the wall. 

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Your green and hearty plant is something we've managed to kill, twice, since we've lived here.

I've always called it an umbrella tree; I had one in Michigan that *would not die.* I had to leave it behind the move, though.

But for some reason, I've had two of them die on me here. Maybe because it's so much drier here... They're supposed to be more of a tropical plant and we were kinda spotty on the watering. Combine that with no humidity in the air and you have a plant killer, I suppose.

Anonymous said...

aaa ... aaaa ... aaaahhhhhh-choooooooo! (x5) thanks for the allergies ... *wink*