Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Annoying phone calls...holiday spirit?

I just signed up for the Kansas No Call list. I am so annoyed with not answering my land line, because I know it will be a telemarketer. I come home each night with at least four blank messages on my answering machine. How do these people get your number so quickly??!!

On another note, I just don't feel the holiday spirit this year. Usually after Halloween I start gearing up for Christmas. I start planning what I'm going to buy everyone and start looking for the perfect card I'm going to mail out. This year, I feel nothing! Yesterday, I bought some cinnamony smelling candles hoping they'd get me in a festive mood. Note to self...always buy Yankee candles over fancy Pier 1 candles. They will smell much stronger and last longer. Oh well... Silly me bought flowery scented candles from Party Lite this year. The fact that I'm running my AC in November is slightly odd too. My apartment stays so warm, even when it's 50 degrees outside. It's weird to think that I won't see as much snow this winter. I'm used to all-day flurries in South Bend. Will I miss the snow that I've complained about so much.....I think I might. Christmas in KS tends to be brown. Occasionally, we'll get snow on Christmas Eve that might last until the next morning. Guess I'll start praying for my white Christmas now....like I used to do every year as a kid.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Maybe I'm being presumptuous, and if I am, forgive me, but you just went through some really big life changes. When I do the same, sometimes I just feel numb. Sometimes for a long time.

I hope your holiday spirit comes back as you continue to settle into your new home/life.

Anonymous said...

Wait for it...it will come, Lynette. Your holiday spirit is just waiting to burst forth. You are bound to see or hear or even smell something that will put you in the mood. Maybe something will occur at your church that will help! You cannot see little kids in Christmas programs or hear them singing without getting a bit of holiday cheer. And remember the reason for the season is the birth of Christ. That is something to get excited about!!!