Monday, April 30, 2007

I had today off from work since I'm working Saturday. That meant I got to watch Dancing With the Stars! I know...some of you are saying, ughhh...another reality show! Well I've always liked dancing, so it's quite fun to watch. It's been such a long time since I've boogied on the dance floor. I don't think dancing around my apartment by myself counts. :-) I've found that most (I didn't say all) guys don't like to dance. I don't know if it's because they're embarrassed by their lack of rhythm, or if they just think it's dumb. Of course, I remember some guys from my salsa dancing days who thought they were good and they were WAY wrong. I'll always remember Rico Suave (that's what my friend and I called him) who walked around in his unbuttoned silk shirt sipping on a brandy. Every week he would say (insert Latin accent) "You are such a good dancer. Where did you learn to dance like that?" It never failed. He said the same thing every week. I really didn't want to dance with him, but it's considered rude to say no. At Christmas time, he just happened to be on my plane out of South Bend. What are the odds? Thankfully, he must have forgotten me. I wanted to hide! I must say though, Latin men can really flatter a girl. It's a nice boost to the ol' confidence.

No comments: